Frequently asked questions
What is Central Park West?
Central Park West is an urban masterplanned community being developed by Lennar. By combining the best that city living has to offer with the serenity of lush landscaping and tranquil parks, Central Park West is a first of its kind in Irvine.
As the premiere and largest mixed-use, pedestrian-focused, urban masterplanned village to debut in the Irvine Business District, CPW is a place for those in-the-know and on-the-go and is "central to everything". Designed with sophistication and convenience in mind, this 43-acre community will encompass:
- approximately 1,275 urban-styled residences
- verdant parks and landscaped paseos
- community clubhouse and an abundance of recreational amenities
- future proposed retail and commercial conveniences
How is the CPW lifestyle unique to other neighborhoods in the vicinity?
- Central Park West is the first urban masterplanned community in Irvine. No other community in the Jamboree Corridor compares when it comes to the amount of parks and resort-style amenities.
- Urban planning principles were adhered to when designing this unique village such as creating a pedestrian-friendly neighborhood with a centralized gathering place for getting to know neighbors while promoting more walking and less driving.
- The individual neighborhoods were designed to attract many different types of home buyers through architecture, floorplans and facilities, creating a diverse community.
- CPW promotes walkability through an abundance of paseos which navigate throughout the community providing easy access to the mixed-used component which offers residents on-site conveniences. Additionally, a variety of upscale restaurants, retail shops and a nature preserve are all within footsteps of the community.
What does the surrounding area offer residents of Central Park West?
- Moments from the area's most enviable shopping and entertainment havens of Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, The Marketplace, Irvine Spectrum Center and The District
- Easy access to the area's finest cultural venues including OC Performing Arts, South Coast Repertory, OC Museum of Art and the art galleries of Laguna Beach
- Minutes from the states most coveted coastlines and white, sandy beaches
- Award-winning restaurants featuring a variety of cuisines to entice the most sophisticated palate
- Easy access to over 500 acres of nature and wildlife preserves providing a host of outdoor activities
- Close proximity to a variety of respected colleges and universities, including the University of California, Irvine (UCI)
- Set amongst the Irvine Business Complex and moments from the multitude of businesses located in the Irvine Spectrum, travel to work can be effortless
- Commuter-friendly location with easy access to the 405 fwy, 5 fwy, 55 fwy and 73 Toll Road
What type of amenities will be featured?
Landscaped paseos offering residents a walkable, urban village connecting them to the village parks and the future neighborhood retail on the corner of Jamboree and Michelson, as well as to the Central Park at the community's core.
This 2.2-acre community centerpiece features an approximate 8,000 square foot Clubhouse and Recreation Pavilion providing both indoor and outdoor spaces designed to celebrate the Southern California lifestyle including:
- State-of-the-art health and fitness center with exercise studio
- Spa-like treatment rooms
- Lounge with bar, fireplace and flat-screen TV
- Multi-purpose room
- Catering kitchen
- Men's and women's locker rooms
- Office space for HOA management services
- Courtyard and entertaining terrace for receptions and gatherings
- Resort-style, Jr. Olympic pool with 4 lap lanes
- Children's wading pool
- Two outdoor Jacuzzis /spas
- Restrooms and outdoor showers
- Barbeque pavilion
- Water features
- Wireless Internet Technology
Three additional neighborhood parks will personalize the community by providing active and passive recreational amenities:
- Basketball court (half-court)
- Shade structures with picnic tables
- Open turf area
Rockefeller Park (Opening 2017):
- Pickleball court
- Jr. Olympic swimming pool (4 lanes)
- Wading pool
- Restrooms and showers
- Picnic tables
- Barbeque area
- Tot lot
- Shade structures with picnic tables
What school district serves this community?
Santa Ana Unified School District. For more information, visit www.sausd.k12.ca.us.
Are there HOA dues and Mello Roos fees at CPW?
Yes, a master association will be funded to maintain the property landscaping, private streets and common facilities. Dues are currently estimated at approximately $150/month. Also, as with most major masterplanned communities, there will be a Mello-Roos tax to fund improvements and infrastructure. Information on neighborhood associations, Mello-Roos and property tax can be obtained by the individual builder's sales associates.
Homeowners of Central Park West automatically become members of the Central Park West community association, which maintains association property landscaping, private streets and other common facilities. The members of the association fund these facilities. Public facilities, including the school district fees and some roadway construction, are funded by special assessments, also payable by homeowners. All future facilities and development plans are subject to change. Central Park West is located within the boundaries of the Santa Ana School District. 11/16